Season Feast - Day 1
Black Bean Burgers with Green Salsa
Once again our chefs are rethinking the burger. This plant-based version is made with bhajis, the Indian bites of chickpea dough, studded with black beans, giving it a Mexican flair as well. The Mexican culinary tradition also gleams in our green salsa and chipotle mayo.
Potatoes*, burger buns* (WHEAT flour*, water, whole grain WHEAT flour sourdough* (water, whole grain FLOUR*), RYE sourdough* (water, RYE flour*), sea salt, BARLEY*), cucumber*, romaine lettuce*, black beans*, green bell pepper*, onions*, sunflower oil*, plant-based alternative to yogurt* (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), chickpea flour*, MOZZARELLA*, water, lime juice*, polenta* (water, maize flour*, salt), wholegrain rice flour*, baby spinach*, parsley*, salt, bread crumbs* (WHEAT flour*, water, salt, dry yeast*), dijon MUSTARD* (water, MUSTARD seeds*, cider vinegar*, salt), syrup*, garlic powder*, yeast flakes* (yeast*, WHEAT flour*, sea salt), salted lemons*, white wine vinegar* (contains SULPHITES), chipotle chili*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), sweet paprika*, pepper*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Burger buns: Gluten. Chipotle mayonnaise: Soya, mustard seeds, sulphites. Polenta bread crumbs: Gluten. Chickpea dough: Gluten. Mozzarella cheese: Cow’s milk.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 618 kJ / 148 kcal Fat: 5.8 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.8 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Sugars: 1.1 g Fiber: 1.8 g Protein: 4.0 g Salt: 0.27 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Toss the potatoes in olive oil and the polenta bread crumbs. Spread in an ovenproof dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the pre-baked onions, baby spinach, black beans, shredded mozzarella cheese and the brown chickpea dough into a bowl. Toss to combine. Heat a frying-pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Place large spoonfuls of the black bean mix (3 for 2-3 people and 5 for 4-5 people) into the pan, flattening a bit so that they will fit the buns. Pan-fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Moisten the burger buns with a little water and heat in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate the romaine leaves from the core and arrange on a platter. Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline, cut the cucumber lengthwise into ribbons.
- Serve the green salsa and the red chipotle mayo in separate bowls.
- Spread green salsa on the buns. Add a black bean patty, cucumber and romaine leaves. Serve the burgers with the roasted potatoes and chipotle mayo on the side.