Season Feast - Day 2
Roasted Onion and Spinach Bhajis
Here, crispy, Indian bhajis are matched with a Nordic carrot soup. Traditionally bhajis would be accompanied by a curry sauce, but our creamy carrot soup goes equally as well with the salty elements of the meal. Padron peppers are Spanish, but as informal (and delicious) as bhajis. The herb oil drizzled on top adds aromatic notes and a dash of color to the soup.
Water*, carrots*, onions*, sweet potatoes*, OAT milk* (water, OATS*, canola oil*), chickpeas*, padron pepper*, orzo pasta* (EMMER flour*, water), beluga lentils*, coconut milk* (coconut*, coconut water*), mozzarella CHEESE*, chickpea flour*, red lentils*, sunflower oil*, baby spinach*, rice flour*, plant-based alternative to butter* (canola oil*, water, coconut oil*, shea oil*, ALMOND butter*, salt, carrot juice*, lemon juice*, natural aromas), lemon juice*, apple cider vinegar*, parsley*, sea salt, tahini* (roasted SESAME seeds*, sea salt), garlic*, ginger*, lime juice*, salted lemons*, sweet paprika*, yeast flakes* (yeast*, WHEAT flour*, sea salt), children’s curry spice mix*, paprika flakes*, garlic powder*, turmeric*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), onion powder*, lemon thyme*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Carrot soup: Gluten, sesame seeds, almonds Chickpea batter: Gluten Orzo pasta: Gluten Mozzarella cheese: Cow milk
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 438 kJ / 105 kcal Fat: 3.8 g Saturated fatty acids: 1.3 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugars: 2.0 g Fiber: 2.3 g Protein: 3.8 g Salt: 0.33 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Combine the carrot soup and the chickpea-orzo mix in a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Add a bit of water to adjust the consistency if needed.
- Pour the chickpea batter into a bowl. Add the spinach (from the herb tray), lentils, roasted onions and shredded mozzarella cheese. Toss to combine.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Place spoonfuls of the bhaji mixture into the pan (5-6 for 2-3 people and 10-12 for 4-5 people). Pan-fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on the paper towels.
- Wipe out the pan and set over medium-high to high heat. Add another coating of oil to the pan. Pan-roast the padron peppers until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt.
- Divide the soup among bowls. Drizzle with the green herb oil, season with salt and serve immediately alongside the crispy bhajis and pan-roasted padron peppers.