Season Feast - Day 3
Green Lentil Curry with Whole Grain Rice
We love curry made the Thai way, where coconut milk keeps the green chili under control. We took our inspiration one step further and added peanuts. We serve a wam salad made from kale and Brussels sprouts because they are both available fresh out of the garden right now. Giving them a quick pan-roast helps the bitterness go away, but leaves behind the deliciousness.
Whole grain rice*, coconut milk* (coconut*, coconut water*), green bell pepper*, plant-based alternative to cream made with oats (water, canola oil, OATS, rice flour, pea protein, fava bean protein*, sea salt), emulsifier: lecithin*, white peppercorns*, stabilizer: guar gum, gellan gum), mushrooms*, brussel sprouts*, water, green lentils*, kale*, scallions*, PEANUTS*, ginger*, SOY sauce* (water, SOYBEANS*, WHEAT*, salt, koji), onions*, sunflower oil*, coriander*, lemon grass*, green chili pepper*, lime juice*, garlic*, syrup*, sea salt, apple cider vinegar*, mikawa mirin* (sweet rice*, water, rice culture*), cilantro*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), crushed red chili flakes*, Dijon MUSTARD* (water, MUSTARD seeds*, cider vinegar*, salt), turmeric*, ground coriander seeds*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Green curry: Gluten Soy sauce: Soy, gluten, mustard seeds Peanuts
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 527 kJ / 126 kcal Fat: 6.9 g Saturated fatty acids: 3.8 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugars: 1.0 g Fiber: 1.7 g Protein: 3.6 g Salt: 0.30 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Bring a saucepan of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the rice to the boiling water. Once the water returns to a boil, drain the rice. Transfer to a bowl, keeping warm until ready to serve.
- Separate the kale leaves from the stems and cut the leaves into thin strips. Cut the mushrooms into quarters and the scallions into thin slices.
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Pan-roast the kale, mushrooms and scallions until browned, about 2 minutes. Lower the heat, add the green curry and let simmer until heated through. Keep warm.
- Trim the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and then cut them in half lengthwise. Cut the green bell pepper into a small dice and cut the chilli into thin rings.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Pan-roast the Brussels sprouts until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add the green bell pepper, chili and the brown soy sauce and toss well. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve the green curry next to the Brussels sprouts salad with peanuts sprinkled over the top.