Season Feast - Day 1
Pakoras and Garlic Potatoes
served with Lemon-Mint Cream and Pan-Fried Vegetable with Mint and Cilantro
In India, crispy pakoras are usually a delicious snack or appetizer made from a wide range of vegetables. Traditionally, the vegetables are tossed with a chickpea batter, pan-fried until golden brown, and eaten with a spicy dipping sauce or a chutney. Today, we use carrots, spinach, and fresh herbs and make ours into larger patties as the feature of the meal with a cilantro sauce, served alongside oven-roasted garlic potatoes and pan-seared vegetables.
Indian-inspired patties with chickpea flour, baby spinach, carrots, mint, cilantro, garlic and ginger.
Potatoes*, broccoli*, red bell pepper*, zucchini*, chickpea flour*, water, carrots*, sunflower oil*, baby spinach*, plant-based milk alternative* (water, SOYBEANS*), mint*, garlic*, cilantro*, ginger*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), salt, syrup*, salted lemons*, sambhar spice mix* (contains MUSTARD seeds), lemon juice*, dijon MUSTARD* (water, MUSTARD seeds*, cider vinegar*, salt), apple cider vinegar*, turmeric*, pepper*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Pakoras: Mustard seeds. Lemon aioli: Soy, mustard seeds. Potatoes with garlic oil: Mustard seeds.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 452 kJ / 108 kcal Fat: 4.2 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.4 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sugars: 1.7 g Fiber: 2.0 g Protein: 2.1 g Salt: 0.29 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Put the potatoes in an ovenproof dish and bake until warmed through, 12 to 13 minutes.
- Chop baby spinach, mint leaves and leaves and tender stems of the cilantro. Put baby spinach, half of the mint, half of the cilantro and the julienne carrots in a bowl. Mix well with the light chickpea batter.
- Set a frying-pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat. Place spoonfuls of the batter, flattening slightly into patties (3 for 2 to 3 people and 5 for 4 to 5 people) in the hot pan. Pan-fry until golden brown and warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Separate the broccoli into florets and cut red bell pepper and zucchini into strips. Set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat. Pan-roast the broccoli until browned, 2 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and the zucchini and pan-roast for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining mint and cilantro, season with salt and arrange on a plate.
- Put the lemon-mint cream in a bowl. Enjoy the pakoras with roasted garlic potatoes, pan-roasted vegetables and lemon mayo.