Season Feast - Day 2
Beetroot Shawarma in Warm Tortillas
served with Pointed Cabbage, Olives, Chives Dressing, Chili Paste and Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes
Pointed cabbage*, WHEAT flour*, beetroot*, chickpeas*, water, mushrooms*, tomatoes*, plant-based alternative to yogurt* (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), red onions*, sunflower oil*, tomato puree* (tomatoes*, salt), syrup*, lemon juice*, green olives*, olive oil*, lime juice*, parsley*, baking powder* (cornstarch*, raising agents (potassium tartrates, sodium carbonates)), salt, sweet chili sauce* (water, sugar*, rice vinegar*, salt, garlic*, red chili*), shawarma spice mix*, salted lemons*, SESAME seeds*, agave syrup*, chives*, garlic*, garlic powder*, cumin*, paprika flakes*, chili flakes*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), white wine vinegar* (contains SULPHITES), onion powder*, cinnamon*, fajita spice mix*, pepper*, sumak*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Chili paste: Sulphites. Marinated chickpeas: Sesame seeds. Flat bread: Gluten. Chives dressing: Soy.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 562 kJ / 134 kcal Fat: 5.4 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.6 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Sugars: 3.2 g Fiber: 2.4 g Protein: 3.6 g Salt: 0.73 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the pre baked beetroots in an ovenproof dish and warm for 8 minutes until heated through.
- Lightly flour the work surface. Divide the dough into pieces (3 for 2-3 people and 5 for 4-5 people). Press or roll each piece into large flat rounds. Set a frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add a bit of oil. Cook the flatbread, one at a time, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Dice the tomatoes and chop leaves and tender stems of the parsley. Set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pan-roast the marinated chickpeas for 2 minutes. Put in a bowl with tomatoes and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Cut pointed cabbage into thin strips and chop olives (be aware that they might still contain pits). Add to a bowl with salted lemon dressing. Toss to combine.
- Put chives dressing and chili paste into separate bowls. Smear the flatbread with chives dressing and fill it with beetroot and pointed cabbage salad. Add chilipasta as you like. Eat chickpea salad to the side.