Season Feast - Day 2
Rogan Josh and Spicy Beluga Lentils
Rogan Josh is a stew that originated in Iran and Northern India. Its name says it all - rogan means red and josh means warm. In this case, the color comes from sweet paprika and tomato while cayenne pepper and spicy beluga lentils provide the warm heat. A cool raita on the side picks up on the Indian connection and softens the flavors of the meal along with the cashew nuts.
Indian inspired simmered dish with tomato, chickpeas, leek, ginger, garlic and paprika.
Canned tomatoes*, potatoes*, cucumber*, eggplant*, water, plant-based alternative to yogurt* (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), chickpeas*, tortillas* (WHEAT flour*, water, rapeseed oil*, cane sugar*, sea salt, maltodextrin*, glucose syrup*, acid: lactic acid, rice extract*, raising agent: sodium hydrogen carbonate, herbs*), beluga lentils*, carrots*, onion*, leek*, tomato puree* (tomatoes*, salt), CASHEW nuts*, sunflower oil*, parsley*, ginger*, lime juice*, nigella seeds*, salt, olive oil*, mint*, garlic*, white wine vinegar* (contains SULPHITES), paprika flakes*, sweet paprika*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), rogan josh spice mix*, cumin*, pepper*, vadouvan spice mix* (contains MUSTARD seeds), beetroot powder*, smokey tandoori spice mix* (contains MUSTARD seeds), cinnamon*, long pepper*, coriander seeds*, cardamom*, cayenne pepper*, nutmeg*, lemon zest*, onion powder*, garlic powder*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Rogan josh sauce: Soya, mustard seeds. Beluga lentils: Mustard seeds. Tortilla wraps: Gluten. Raita sauce: Soya, sulphites. Cashew nuts.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 403 kJ / 96 kcal Fat: 3.4 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.4 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugars: 2.0 g Fiber: 2.6 g Protein: 3.7 g Salt: 0.43 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Cut the leek into strips. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add oil to coat. Pan-roast the leek until beginning to soften and brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the red rogan josh sauce and heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cut the tortillas in half. Loosen the mashed potatoes with a fork and spread on the tortillas. Sprinkle with the nigella seeds (2A). Fold the tortillas in half to make triangles.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add oil to coat. Pan-roast the potato stuffed tortillas until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange on a plate.
- Add the marinated beluga lentils and carrots to the warm pan and heat until warmed through. Transfer to a bowl. Coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and sprinkle on top.
- Dice the cucumber and chop the mint leaves. Put in a bowl with the white raita sauce (2B) and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cashews (2C) over the rogan josh and enjoy with warm beluga lentils and carrots, potato-stuffed tortillas and cucumber-raita.