Family Feast - Day 2
Pan-Roasted Gnocchi in Ratatouille Sauce
This meal is equal parts French and Italian. One of the must have ingredients of a Provencal ratatouille is eggplant. So, of course, we use it too. But, we also use it for the cream served alongside the parsnip fries for dipping. Moving on to Italy, the main element is the gnocchi, but almonds, olives and sage are also Italian mainstays.
Gnocchi* (potato*, water, WHEAT flour*, potato starch*, sea salt, rice flour*), canned peeled tomatoes*, parsnips*, eggplant*, apple*, zucchini*, onions*, kidney beans*, ALMOND drink* (water, ALMONDS*, brown sugar*), sunflower oil*, green olives*, olive oil*, ALMONDS*, oregano*, sea salt, apple cider vinegar*, syrup*, garlic*, lemon zest*, ground black peppercorns*, thyme*, sage*, lemon juice*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Gnocchi: Gluten Eggplant-almond cream: Almonds Almonds
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 462 kJ / 110 kcal Fat: 3.5 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.4 g Carbohydrates: 18 g Sugars: 3.1 g Fiber: 1.7 g Protein: 2.4 g Salt: 0.41 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the parsnips into quarters lengthwise into strips (fries). Put in an ovenproof dish and bake for 8 minutes.
- Gently heat the ratatouille sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Pan-roast the gnocchi until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt.
- Keeping them separate, coarsely chop the almonds and olives being aware that some of the olives might still contain pits. Cut the apple into wedges. Pick the oregano leaves from the stems. Serve everything in separate bowls.
- Remove the parsnip fries from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with the sage oil dressing.
- Spoon the eggplant cream into a small bowl and use it as a dipping sauce for the parsnip fries.
- Sprinkle the almonds, oregano leaves and olives on top of the pan-roasted gnocchi and ratatouille sauce and enjoy with the fries, dipping sauce and apple on the side.