Family Feast - Day 2
Falafel and Hummus Pitas
This meal comes with equal parts warmth and freshness. We serve our falafel and hummus nestled in warm pitas. The hummus is generously seasoned with cumin and tahini, a sesame paste well-loved in North African and Middle Eastern cuisines. On the side we serve sliced crisp romaine with a Greek guest star - tzatziki - that is sharp, but also sweetly aromatic thanks to the addition of mint.
Pita bread* (WHEAT flour*, water, WHEAT sourdough* (WHEAT flour*, water, yeast), whole grain WHEAT flour*, sea salt, BARLEY malt*, sunflower oil*, yeast), cucumber*, yellow split peas*, romaine lettuce*, WHEAT kernels*, chickpeas*, plant-based alternative to yogurt * (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), mushroom*, chickpea flour*, onion*, water, sunflower oil*, tomato puree* (tomatoes*, salt), zucchini*, mint*, parsley*, tahini* (roasted SESAME seeds*, sea salt), garlic*, lemon juice*, sea salt, thyme*, olive oil*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), falafel spice mix* (contains SESAME seeds), ginger*, fresh coriander*, cumin*, black pepper*, chili flakes*, white wine vinegar* (containing SULPHITES), syrup*, chili flakes*, chili powder*, lemon zest*, garlic powder*, dried onion*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Pita bread: Gluten. Falafels: Sesame, gluten. Hummus: Sesame. Tzatziki dressing: Soy. Chili paste: Sulfites.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 677 kJ / 162 kcal Fat: 3.6 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.3 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugars: 1.2 g Fiber: 5.2 g Protein: 6.5 g Salt: 0.36 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Form the falafel mixture into small patties (10-12 for 2-3 people and 20-22 for 4-5 people).
- Set a frying over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan. Add the fresh thyme to the pan and fry along with the falafel patties until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Sprinkle a little water on the pita breads. Warm in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the romaine into strips. Serve on a plate.
- Dice the cucumber and pick and chop the mint leaves. Put both in a bowl and mix with the white garlic yogurt dressing to make your tzatziki. Alternatively, serve everything in separate bowls.
- Put the chili paste and hummus in small bowls .
- Fill the warm pita breads with falafel, hummus, tzatziki and romaine salad. Add the chili paste as you like.