Family Feast - Day 3
Black Bean and Mixed Vegetable Tacos
served with Baba Ganoush, Zucchini-Cucumber Salad and Green Chili Salsa
Tacos call for a filling that caters to all taste buds. We make this version with a mix of corn, sweet potatoes and black beans spooned onto a bed of baba ganoush (a single Lebanese element among the Mexican ones). Topping it off with a lime-dressed cucumber-zucchini salad, green chili salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime juice like you would get at a taqueria, adds just the right amount of acid.
Egg plant*, tortillas* (WHEAT flour*, water, rapeseed oil*, cane sugar*, sea salt, maltodextrin*, glucose syrup*, acid: lactic acid, rice extract*, raising agent: sodium hydrogen carbonate, herbs*), cucumber*, red bell pepper*, zucchini*, potatoes*, corn*, black beans*, sweet potatoes*, green bell pepper*, lime*, lemon juice*, olive oil*, syrup*, lime juice*, onions*, sunflower oil*, dill*, salt, tahini* (roasted SESAME seeds*, sea salt), garlic*, parsley*, white wine vinegar* (contains SULPHITES), smoked paprika*, cumin*, cilantro*, cajun spice mix* (contains MUSTARD seeds), pepper*, chili flakes*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Tortillas: Gluten. Mixed vegetable-filling: Mustard seeds. Baba ganoush: Sesame seeds. Green chili salsa: Sulphites.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 465 kJ / 111 kcal Fat: 3.9 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.4 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugars: 3.3 g Fiber: 2.1 g Protein: 2.8 g Salt: 0.41 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini and cucumber lengthwise into long, wide strips. Put the strips in a mixing bowl with the clear lime dressing and toss to coat. Alternatively serve the dressing on the side.
- Cut the bell pepper into thin strips and chop the dill leaves and tender stems.
- Heat a film of oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the black bean mixture, sweet potatoes and corn and cook until the potatoes are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the dill.
- Wipe out the pan and heat the tortillas for 10 to 12 seconds on each side. Alternatively, warm them in a 200°C oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon the baba ganoush (eggplant cream) and the green chili salsa into separate bowls.
- To serve, spoon the baba ganoush followed by the black bean-vegetable mixture onto the tortillas. Top with the zucchini-cucumber salad and green chili salsa. Finish with a squeeze of lime.