Family Feast - Day 3
Bean Burritos and Fennel Ceviche
We love burritos because they can be so versatile in their combinations! Just check out the flavors our chefs use in this version: Sharply seasoned tomato salsa and beans with Mexican roots and a crunchy and aromatic fennel ceviche that takes inspiration from South America.
Tortillas* (WHEAT flour*, water, rapeseed oil*, cane sugar*, sea salt, maltodextrin*, glucose syrup*, acid: lactic acid, rice extract*, raising agent: sodium hydrogen carbonate, herbs*), canned tomatoes*, cherry tomatoes*, fennel*, orzo pasta* (EMMER flour*, water), onion*, water, grapes*, lime*, corn*, plant-based alternative to yogurt * (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), CELERIAC*, pinto beans*, kidney beans*, carrots*, sunflower oil*, lime juice*, syrup*, lemon juice*, plant-based alternative to butter* (canola oil*, water, coconut oil*, shea oil*, ALMOND butter*, salt, carrot juice*, lemon juice*, natural aromas), coriander*, sea salt, olive oil*, cumin*, Dark chocolate* (cacao beans*, sugar*, cacao butter*, cacao powder), chili flakes*, coriander seeds*, thyme*, garlic*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), black pepper*, sweet paprika*, smoked paprika*, yeast flakes* (yeast*, WHEAT flour*, sea salt), fajita spice mix*, cinnamon*, instant coffee powder*, lemon zest*, turmeric*.
The dark chocolate contains a minimum of 70% cocoa solids.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Tortilla wraps: Gluten. Orzo pasta: Gluten. Burrito filling: Celery. Tomato salsa: Gluten. Yogurt cream: Soy, almond, gluten.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 610 kJ / 146 kcal Fat: 5.0 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.7 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugars: 3.9 g Fiber: 1.9 g Protein: 3.7 g Salt: 0.32 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo pasta until tender 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the yellow corn puree to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat the red burrito filling in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Dice the tomatoes and chop the cilantro leaves and tender stems. Put in a bowl with the red tomato sauce and mix to combine. Squeeze lime juice on top. (This is your tomato salsa.)
- Arrange the fennel crudité on a serving platter. Cut the grapes in half and sprinkle over the fennel. Drizzle with the lime dressing and toss to combine. (This is your fennel ceviche.)
- Heat the tortillas in a hot, dry frying pan for 20 to 30 seconds each. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm. Alternatively, warm in a 200˚C oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon the warm burrito filling onto the tortillas followed by the tomato salsa and white yogurt cream. Enjoy the burritos with fennel ceviche and creamy corn orzo.