Family Feast - Day 1
Black Bean-Bhaji Burgers
served with Oven-Roasted Potatoes and Mild Chipotle Mayo
Potatoes*, burger buns* (WHEAT flour*, water, whole grain WHEAT flour sourdough* (water, whole grain FLOUR*), RYE sourdough* (water, RYE flour*), sea salt, BARLEY*), cucumber*, romaine lettuce*, black beans*, green bell pepper*, onions*, sunflower oil*, plant-based alternative to yogurt* (water, SOYBEANS*, bifidus and acidophilus cultures), chickpea flour*, plant-based alternative to cheese* (water, coconut oil*, corn starch*, tapioca starch*, potato starch*, pea protein*, thickener: xanthan gum, locust bean gum, sea salt, lemon juice*, turmeric*, fruit and vegetable concentrate*), water, lime juice*, polenta* (water, maize flour*, salt), whole grain rice flour*, baby spinach*, parsley*, salt, bread crumbs* (WHEAT flour*, water, salt, dry yeast*), dijon MUSTARD* (water, MUSTARD seeds*, cider vinegar*, salt), syrup*, yeast flakes* (yeast*, WHEAT flour*, sea salt), salted lemons*, white wine vinegar* (contains SULPHITES), garlic*, garlic powder*, chipotle*, onion powder*, vegetable bouillon* (salt, vegetable powder* (parsnip*, parsley root*, onion*, carrot*, mushroom*, leek*, tomato*, garlic*), natural aroma, sugar*, canola oil*), sweet paprika*, pepper*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Burger bun: Gluten. Chickpea dough: Gluten. Chipotle mayo: Soy, sulphites, mustard seeds. Polenta bread crumbs: Gluten.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 616 kJ / 147 kcal Fat: 5.9 g Saturated fatty acids: 1.0 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Sugars: 1.1 g Fiber: 1.8 g Protein: 3.4 g Salt: 0.29 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Cut potatoes in halves and toss with olive oil and then the polenta bread crumbs. Spread in an even layer in an ovenproof dish. Bake until golden brown and warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the pre-baked onions, baby spinach, black beans, plant-based cheese and the brown chickpea dough into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Set a frying-pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat. Place large spoonfuls of the black bean mix (3 for 2-3 people and 5 for 4-5 people) into the pan, flattening a bit so they will fit the buns. Pan-fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Moisten the burger buns with a little water and toastt in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate the romaine leaves from the core and arrange on a platter. Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline, cut the cucumber lengthwise into ribbons.
- Serve the green salsa and the red chipotle mayo in separate bowls.
- Spread the green salsa on the buns, followed by some lettuce, a black bean patty, then the cucumber. Serve the burgers with the roasted potatoes and chipotle mayo for dipping on the side.