Family Feast - Day 2
Gnocchi and Romesco Sauce
served with Oven-Roasted Carrots with Orange-Poppyseed Vinaigrette, Almonds and Chervil
There is an ideal alliance going on here between the Italian gnocchi and Northern Spain’s romesco sauce. Red peppers and almonds add depth to this classic sauce served alongside the bite-sized potato gnocchi. Only thing this rich combination might be asking for is some balance from something bright and fresh. We answered by relying on an orange-poppy vinaigrette, freshly segmented orange and chervil tossed with sweet oven-roasted carrots.
Red bell pepper sauce with sun dried tomatoes, onions, almonds and smoked paprika.
Gnocchi* (potato*, water, WHEAT flour*, potato starch*, sea salt, rice flour*), carrots*, orange*, water, chopped tomatoes*, red bell pepper*, onions*, ALMONDS*, sunflower oil*, olive oil*, chervil*, tomato puree* (tomatoes*, salt), garlic*, sun dried tomatoes*, salt, lemon juice*, syrup*, poppy seeds*, smoked paprika*, lemon thyme*, lemon zest*, pepper*.
* = organic
Potential allergens: Gnocchi: Gluten. Red bell pepper sauce: Almonds. Almonds.
Nutritionals pr. 100 g Energy: 450 kJ / 107 kcal Fat: 3.1 g Saturated fatty acids: 0.3 g Carbohydrates: 18 g Sugars: 3.3 g Fiber: 1.2 g Protein: 2.2 g Salt: 0.39 g
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need, as well as rinsing all vegetables and herbs. The rest is smooth sailing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread the carrots in an ovenproof dish and roast until warm, about 7 minutes.
- Heat the red bell pepper romesco sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat. Add the gnocchi and pan-roast until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and season with salt.
- Coarsely chop the almonds. Set to the side.
- Segment the orange into a bowl. Spoon the poppyseed dressing into a separate bowl and squeeze juice from one of the orange wedges on top. Stir to combine.
- Remove the carrots from the oven. Cut them on the diagonal into large pieces, about 3 cm, and put in a bowl. Drizzle with the orange-poppyseed vinaigrette, toss to coat, and then sprinkle with the almonds and chopped chervil.
- Spoon the romesco sauce into a bowl. Enjoy next to the gnocchi with the warm carrot salad.