Family Feast - Day 1
Sesame-Orange Tofu Bánh Mì
Bánh mì is the Vietnamese term for bread, but usually refers to a baguette or the type of sandwich made on the baguette. Quite often the filling is also influenced by French and Southeast Asian ideas. Today our bánh mì is filled with sesame-orange glazed tofu and topped with pickled daikon-carrot, thinly sliced cucumber, jalapeño, green onion, and cilantro leaves. Served on the side is a pan-charred broccolini (baby broccoli, not to be confused with the more bitter broccoli rabe) sprinkled with a sesame-ginger crumble.
Organic French Demi Baguette (organic unbleached, wheat flour, water, sea salt, yeast), Organic Tofu (water, organic soybeans, contains 2% or less of: calcium sulfate, magnesium chloride), Organic Broccoli, Organic Cucumber, Organic Carrots, Organic Daikon Radish, Organic Orange Juice, Water, Organic Green Onion, Organic Toasted Sesame Oil, Organic Jalapeno Pepper, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Fresh Cilantro, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce (Water, Organic Soybeans, Salt, Organic Alcohol), Organic Ginger Root, Organic Date Syrup, Organic Cornstarch, Organic Brown Rice Vinegar, Organic Blue Agave (organic blue agave nectar), Sea Salt, Organic White Sesame Seeds, Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base (organic carrots, organic celery, organic onion, organic tomato, salt, organic soy sauce (water, organic soybean, salt, organic alcohol) organic cane sugar, organic maltodextrin, natural flavor, organic potato starch, autolyzed yeast extract, dried onion, organic dried garlic, and organic spice), Organic Red Chili Pepper Flakes.
Allergens Wheat, Soy
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, treenuts, peanuts and seeds.
For nutritional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NET WT: 52.17 OZ ( 3.26LB) 1.47kg- 2-3 person box NET WT: 104.34 OZ (6.52LB) 2.94kg- 4-5 person box
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F for toasting the baguettes.
- Thinly slice the cucumber, green onions, and jalapeño. Pick the cilantro leaves and tender stems. Set all to the side for topping the bánh mì.
- Split the baguettes in half lengthwise, but stop short of slicing them completely into halves. Slice the tofu into thin strips. Keep both nearby.
- Set a frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 tablespoon). Once the oil starts to ripple, add the broccolini and sear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep in a warm spot near the oven.
- Sprinkle the baguettes with a bit of water, and heat in the oven, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully wipe out the pan if needed and return to the heat. Add a bit more oil to coat. Fry the tofu until golden brown and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add half of the sesame-orange sauce, shaking the pan gently to evenly coat the tofu. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to glaze.
- Spoon the tofu onto the warm baguettes. Add the pickled daikon-carrot to the top, along with the reserved toppings.
- Sprinkle the sesame-ginger crumble over the broccolini. Serve alongside the bánh mì with the remaining sesame-orange sauce.