Simple Feast - Day 2
Red Thai Curry
This bright Thai-inspired tomato and coconut milk curry showcases coriander, galangal, and lemongrass flavors. Skewers of teriyaki-glazed sweet bell peppers, slightly crunchy broccoli sprinkled with sesame seeds, and a warm bowl of brown rice topped with cilantro round out the meal.
Cooked Organic Long Grain Brown Rice (water, organic brown rice), Organic Crushed Tomatoes (organic tomatoes organic tomato puree (water, organic tomato paste), sea salt, naturally derived citric acid), Organic Coconut Milk (organic coconut, filtered water), Organic Broccoli, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Organic Carrots, Organic Tempeh (cultured organic soybeans, water, organic brown rice), Organic Yellow Onion, Organic Soy Sauce (water, organic soybeans, organic wheat, salt), Organic Spinach, Organic Blue Agave (organic blue agave nectar), Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Pure Lime Juice, Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base (organic carrots, organic celery, organic onion, organic tomato, salt, organic soy sauce (water, organic soybean, salt, organic alcohol) organic cane sugar, organic maltodextrin, natural flavor, organic potato starch, autolyzed yeast extract, dried onion, organic dried garlic, and organic spice), Organic Fresh Cilantro, Organic Sweet Chili Sauce (organic California dates, organic apple cider vinegar, organic garlic powder, organic sea salt, organic chili pepper flakes), Water, Organic White Sesame Seeds, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Garlic Clove, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Curry Powder, Sea Salt, Organic Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves, Organic Cornstarch, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Ground Coriander.
Allergens Allergen Information Coming Soon
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, treenuts, peanuts and seeds.
For nutritional information, email email@example.com
Serving Size: 2 cups (454g)
Amount per serving Calories: 400 Total Fat:13g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1440mg Total Carbohydrate: 59g Dietary Fiber: 9g Total Sugars: 16g Includes 4g Added Sugars Protein:12 g Vitamin D: 0mcg Calcium: 67mg Iron: 5 mg Potassium:596mg
- Warm the curry in a saucepan over medium-low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, set a frying pan over medium-high heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the pan (about 1 tablespoon). Add the rice and cook until hot. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Thinly slice (chiffonade) or chop the cilantro and set to the side.
- Cut the broccoli and the red bell pepper into bite-sized pieces. Alternate the broccoli and pepper pieces to fill the skewers.
- Wipe out the frying pan and return to the heat. Add enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the skewers, brush with the teriyaki sauce, and cook for about 3 minutes, lowering the heat if needed so the sauce doesn't burn. Turn the skewers, brush with more sauce, and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate and sprinkle with about half of the sesame seeds. Put the remaining teriyaki sauce into a bowl for dipping.
- Add the cilantro to the rice and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Stir the spinach into the curry and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with the skewers, dipping sauce, and rice on the side.