Family Feast - Day 2
Black Bean Burger with Balsamic Onions & Mushrooms
Tonight’s burgers and fries alternative might not be quite as fast as a drive-through, but it’s pretty darn quick, plus it’s full of goodness, flavor, and piled up with tempting toppings. These patties, nestled on soft buns, are a blend of black beans, quinoa, and corn roasted with onions, cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder, topped with mushrooms and caramelized balsamic onions. To the side are oven-roasted garlic-thyme potatoes with a creamy, caramelized garlic aioli for dipping and a salad—made from kale, apple, dried cranberries, almonds, and drizzled with our bright, acidic lemony dressing—that ticks off all the flavor and texture boxes.
Organic Yukon Potato, Organic Whole Wheat Buns (organic whole wheat flour, water, organic wheat bran, organic brown sugar, organic wheat gluten, yeast, organic high oleic sunflower and/or safflower oil, organic vinegar, sea salt, organic oat flour, organic molasses, organic barley malt, cultured organic wheat starch, ascorbic acid, natural enzymes), Organic Kale, Organic Apple, Organic Cooked Black Beans (water, organic black beans), Organic Yellow Onion, Organic Corn, Organic White Mushrooms, Organic Cooked Quinoa (water, quinoa), Organic Canola Oil, Organic Dried Cranberries, Organic Blue Agave (organic blue agave nectar), Organic Plain Unsweetened Soy Milk (filtered water, whole organic soybeans), Organic Oat Flour, Organic Balsamic Vinegar, Organic Garlic Clove, Organic Pure Lemon Juice, Organic Almonds, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Fresh Thyme, Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce (water, organic soybeans, salt, organic alcohol), Organic Fresh Parsley, Sea Salt, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Ground Cumin, Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base (organic vegetables and organic vegetable juice concentrate) (organic carrots, organic celery, organic onion, organic tomato), salt, organic soy sauce (water, organic soybeans, salt, organic alcohol), organic cane sugar, organic maltodextrin, natural flavor, organic potato starch, autolyzed yeast extract, organic dried onion, organic dried garlic, and organic spice, Organic Lemon Zest, Organic Ground Paprika, Organic Chili Powder, Organic Ground Black Pepper.
Allergens Wheat, Soy, Tree Nuts (Almond)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, treenuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Chop the thyme leaves and the parsley leaves and tender stems. Set aside.
- Slice the apples as thinly as possible. Toss with the kale, cranberries, almonds, and the lemon zest dressing.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet. Roast until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the onion-mushroom mixture in a saucepan over medium-low to medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Form the bean mixture into burger-sized patties (3 for 2-3 people and 5 for 4-5 people).
- Set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 tablespoon). Place the patties in the pan gently (to keep the oil from splattering). Fry until golden brown and heated through, lowering the heat as needed to keep from burning, about 3 minutes per side.
- Toast the buns in the oven until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Spread half of the garlic aioli on the cut sides, top with the burgers, and spoon the onion-mushroom mixture on each burger.
- Sprinkle the chopped herbs on the potatoes and serve with the remaining aioli alongside the burgers with the salad.