Family Feast - Day 2
Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Crema
Tostadas are not tidy to eat, but they sure are delicious! But we think crisp pan-fried corn tortillas amply piled with a cumin-studded vegetable and black bean filling, then topped with a bright salsa verde and a spicy, smoky chipotle crema, are worth getting a little messy for. Especially when they are served next to chili-roasted cauliflower and briny pickled carrot and jalapeño. Just grab some extra napkins.
Organic Cauliflower, Organic Cooked Black Beans, Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla (water, stoneground organic yellow corn masa flour, organic guar gum, lime), Organic Celery, Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Jalapeño Pepper, Organic Raw Cashews, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Poblano Peppers, Organic Fresh Cilantro, Organic Cucumber, Sea Salt, Organic Fresh Oregano, Organic Chili Powder, Organic Chili Pepper, Organic Ground Chipotle, Organic Pure Lime Juice, Organic Ground Cumin, Organic Jalapeño Pepper Sauce (organic red ripened jalapeño peppers, organic apple cider vinegar, organic vinegar, salt.), Organic Blue Agave (organic blue agave nectar), Organic Black Pepper, Organic Garlic Clove, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Paprika, Organic Nutritional Yeast (organic yeast autolysate, organic rice flour, sea salt)
Allergens Tree Nuts (Cashew)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, treenuts, peanuts and seeds.
For nutritional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NET WT: 48.64 OZ ( 3.04LB) 1.37kg- 2-3 person box NET WT: 97.28 OZ (6.08LB) 2.74 kg- 4-5 person box
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the oregano leaves and the cilantro leaves and tender stems and set to the side with the salsa verde and chipotle crema. They will all be used for topping the tostadas.
- Heat the black beans in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Lower the heat as needed and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower florets with the chili oil and roast in the oven until heated through and sizzling, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 tablespoon). Working with one tortilla at a time, fry until crisp, about 45 seconds per side. Wipe out the pan and add a bit more oil as needed between tortillas.
- Spoon black beans onto each tortilla followed by the salsa verde and crema. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle the chopped oregano over the chili-roasted cauliflower and the pickled carrot-jalapeño and serve alongside the tostadas.