Chermoula Roasted Butternut Squash with Tahini-Yogurt, Zhoug, and Hummus
served with Salted Lemon-Dressed Green Pepper-Green Apple Salad and Quinoa-Lentils
In this North African-inspired meal, sauces and spreads are featured additions rather than supporting components. Butternut squash is tossed with a chermoula (also known as chermoula) spice blend including cumin, coriander, and paprika, then roasted and drizzled with tahini plant-based yogurt and zhoug, a pesto-like sauce made with cilantro and parsley. Salted-lemon dressing is used twice, in our green pepper-green apple salad and mixed with warm quinoa, lentils, and eggplant. And, last but never least, hummus rounds out the meal.
FROM THE BOX
Chermoula Roasted Butternut Squash roasted butternut squash chermoula (light spice) tahini-yogurt zhoug (green pesto, light spice) toasted almonds
Green Pepper-Green Apple Salad green bell pepper green apple celery salted-lemon dressing (save half for the lentils)
Quinoa-Lentils cooked quinoa baked eggplant cooked lentils flat-leaf parsley
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Butternut Squash, *Apple *White Quinoa, *Eggplant, *Chickpea Beans, *Black Lentils, *Green Bell Pepper, *Canola Oil, *Celery, *Soy Milk (purified water, *soybeans), *Fresh Parsley, *Pure Lemon Juice, Water, *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Almonds, *Fresh Cilantro, *Tahini, *Blue Agave, *Lemon Peel, Sea Salt, *Ground Cumin Seeds, *Ground Coriander Seeds, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables [*carrot, *celery, *onion, *tomato], salt, *yeast extract, *cane sugar, *soy sauce [water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol], *maltodextrin, yeast extract, *food starch, *vegetable juice concentrate [*carrot, *celery], *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spices, natural flavor), *Ground Paprika, *Garlic, *Dijon Mustard (*grain vinegar, water, *mustard seed, salt, *spices), *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Garlic Powder, *Chili Crushed, *Sumac (*sumac, less than 3% salt), *Ground Black Pepper. *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Tree Nuts (Almonds)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 52.35 OZ (3.27 LB) 1.484 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 104.69 OZ (6.54 LB) 2.968 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- While the oven heats up, coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and set aside.
- Thinly slice the green pepper, green apple, and celery. Combine in a bowl with half of the salted lemon dressing. Set aside.
- Toss the butternut squash with the chermoula on a baking sheet, then spread in an even layer. Roast until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat (about 1 Tbsp). Sauté the eggplant, lentils, and quinoa together, stirring often until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining salted lemon dressing and the parsley.
- Drizzle the tahini plant-based yogurt, zhoug (green pesto), and the almonds over the butternut squash. Enjoy with the lentils-quinoa, green pepper and apple salad, and the hummus to the side.