Yellow Curry and Brown Rice
served with Roasted Cauliflower in Parsley Sauce and Ginger-Turmeric-Dressed Cabbage Salad
It’s hard to think that a large spit-fired piece of pressed meat could have a plant-based interpretation, but we are pretty pleased with this one! Our wraps made from roasted beets, onions, and mushrooms tossed in a shawarma spice of coriander, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger definitely hit a lot of the same marks. Especially when accompanied by warm flatbreads and a sesame-marinated chickpea salad with tomato, olive, and parsley in a salted lemon dressing, a creamy chive dressing, and a chile paste that can be piled on top or enjoyed to the side.
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Green Cabbage, *Long Grain Brown Rice, *Cauliflower, *Celeriac, *Coconut Milk (*coconut, water), Water, *Garbanzo Beans, *Mango, *Green Apple, *Canola Oil, *Green Onion, *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Red Wine Vinegar (*grape must, *wine vinegar), *Celery, *Sunflower Seeds, *Almond Butter (lightly toasted unblanched *almonds), *Blue Agave, *Onion, Sea Salt, *Pure Lemon Juice, *Fresh Parsley, *Almonds, *Red Onion, *Fresh Mint, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables and vegetable juice concentrate (*carrots, *celery, *onion, *tomato), salt, *soy sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), *cane sugar, *maltodextrin, *food starch, yeast extract, *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spice), *Fresh Cilantro, *Fresh Parsley, *Garlic, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Ginger, *Coriander, *Ground Cumin Seeds, *Oregano, *Curry Powder (*coriander, *turmeric, *fenugreek, *cumin, *mustard, *pepper, and *cayenne pepper), *Lemon Zest, *Ground Turmeric, *Ground Black Pepper, *Chili Crushed, *Dried Bay Leaf, *Ground Cardamom, *Ground Cinnamon Ceylon. *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Tree Nuts (Almonds, Coconut)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NET WT: 51.04 OZ (3.19 LB) 1.447 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 102.08 OZ (6.38 LB) 2.89 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and set to the side.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and coarsely chop the mint leaves. Cut off and discard the root end of the green onions and then thinly slice on the diagonal. Put all in a bowl and set to the side.
- Set a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Warm the brown rice, stirring occasionally until completely heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the yellow curry in a saucepan over medium heat until hot, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Set a second frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Cook the roasted cauliflower until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle the parsley sauce over the cauliflower.
- Add the ginger-turmeric dressing to the bowl with the cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the yellow curry and the almond crumble over the rice and the cabbage salad. Serve with the pan-roasted cauliflower and the cabbage salad to the side.