Kimchi, Broccoli, Zucchini, and Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
served with Sesame-Ginger Dressed Napa Cabbage and Crunchy Chili Oil
This is a Korean-inspired meal using our house-made fermented cabbage kimchi and gochugaru, or Korean red chili pepper flakes. Broccoli, zucchini, soba noodles, and kimchi are quickly pan-seared in a sesame soy sauce. Last but not least is a crunchy napa cabbage salad dressed in sesame-ginger dressing.
FROM THE BOX
Stir-Fry soba noodles broccoli zucchini shallot(s) sesame-soy sauce kimchi (not spicy) cilantro sprigs
Sesame-Ginger Dressed Napa Cabbage napa cabbage sesame-ginger dressing
Crunchy Chili Oil (light spice)
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Cabbage, *Soba Noodles (*wheat flour, buckwheat flour, sea salt), *Broccoli, *Zucchini, *Shallots, *Blue Agave, *Canola Oil, *Carrots, *Soy Sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), Water, *Toasted Sesame Oil, *Rice Wine Vinegar (water, *rice), *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Fresh Cilantro, *Green Onion, *Pure Lime Juice, *Ginger, *Garlic, *Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, *Chili Crushed, *Cashews, *Sesame Seeds, *Onion Powder, *Shiitake Mushroom Powder(aji amarillo chile, aleppo chile, cayenne pepper, ginger, black and white sesame, orange peel, nori seaweed and salt), *Peppercorn Sichuan, *Ground Cumin, *Anise Star, *Ground Black Pepper, *Ground Cardamom *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Wheat, Soy, Tree Nuts (Cashews)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 48.50 OZ (3.03 LB) 1.375 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 97.00 OZ (6.06 LB) 2.750 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the soba noodles in the boiling water until tender but still with a bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately drain and rinse under cold water to keep them from sticking.
- Meanwhile, keeping everything separated, peel and finely chop the shallot(s). Trim and discard the ends from the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into large bite-sized pieces, and cut the broccoli florets from the stalks. Peel the stalks and cut into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the kimchi vegetables and coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and tender stems.
- Set a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to generously coat the pan (about 2 Tbsp). Once the oil is hot and begins to ripple, add the shallot, swirling it in the pan to keep from burning, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli and zucchini, coating in the shallot oil, and cook until tender but still with a bite, about 4 minutes. Add the sesame-soy sauce, kimchi, and the soba noodles. Continue to cook until heated through, about 4 minutes more. Season with a little salt.
- Chop the napa cabbage and toss with the sesame-ginger dressing.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the stir-fry and and serve with the napa cabbage salad and the crunchy chili oil with cashews.