Crispy Potato Samosas
served with Chickpea-Spinach Curry and Cucumber-Apple Salad
Samosas are savory filled Indian pastries traditionally served as an appetizer, but here they are the star of the meal. A potato-based filling with carrots, onion, green lentils, and an assortment of spices including curry and cumin is spooned onto flatbreads (in our case tortillas), folded to make a triangular shape, and pan-fried. To the side is a spinach curry and a cucumber-apple salad, as well as a trio of dipping sauces: plant-based yogurt, mango chutney, and a spicy mint sauce.
FROM THE BOX
Crispy Potato Samosas potato filling mixed fried vegetables tortillas green onions flat-leaf parsley sprigs
Chickpea-Spinach Curry spinach chickpea curry
Cucumber-Apple Salad cucumber(s) apple(s) cilantro sprigs black cumin seed dressing
Spicy Mint Sauce (light spice)
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Potato, *Yellow Corn Tortilla (water, stoneground *yellow corn masa flour, *guar gum, lime), *Apple, *Cucumber, *Crushed Tomato (*tomatoes, *tomato puree [water, *tomato paste], sea salt, naturally derived citric acid), *Yellow Onion, *Cultured Coconut (*coconut, spring water, *cassava root, vegan probiotic cultures), *Garbanzo Beans, *Green Lentils, *Carrots, *Green Onion, *Mango, *Canola Oil, *Apple Juice (juice from ripe, whole, *apples; ascorbic acid [vitamin c]), *Spinach, *Green Bell Pepper, *Pure Lemon Juice, *Oat Milk (water, *oats, *sunflower oil, salt, potassium carbonate), *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Water, *Fresh Cilantro, *Fresh Parsley, *Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, *Coconut Milk (*coconut, water), *Blue Agave, *Pure Lime Juice, *Ginger, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables [*carrot, *celery, *onion, *tomato], salt, *yeast extract, *cane sugar, *soy sauce [water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol], *maltodextrin, yeast extract, *food starch, *vegetable juice concentrate [*carrot, *celery], *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spices, natural flavor), *Jalapeño Pepper, *Ground Cumin Seeds, *Curry Powder (*coriander, *turmeric, *fenugreek, *cumin, *mustard, *pepper, and *cayenne pepper), *White Wine Vinegar, *Garlic, *Fresh Mint, *Garam Masala Seasoning (*coriander, *cinnamon, *fennel, *cumin, *pepper black, *cardamom, *cloves), *Ground Turmeric, *Asafoetida (40% *asafoetida resin and 60% *fenugreek as a processing aid), *Paprika, *Ground Coriander Seeds, *Cayenne Pepper, *Black Pepper *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Tree Nuts (Coconut), Soy, Wheat
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 52.20 OZ (3.26 LB) 1.480 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 104.41 OZ (6.52 LB) 2960 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Thinly slice the apple and the cucumber. Cut off and discard the root end of the green onions and then thinly slice on the diagonal. Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and tender stems. Put all in a bowl and set to the side.
- To make the samosa filling, coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and put in a bowl with the fried vegetables and the mashed potatoes. Mix to combine and set to the side.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the chickpea curry over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the spinach just to wilt and remove from the heat.
- While the curry warms up, prepare the samosas. Trim about 1/2-inch from the bottom edge of the tortilla so that it is straight. Fold the right side of the tortilla in, followed by the left, to make a cone. Spoon some of the filling into the cone and then fold in the top edge to seal. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Set a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Working in batches to not overcrowd the pan, set an even layer of samosas with the folded sides down. Pan-fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn and repeat on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Toss the cucumber-apple with the black cumin seed dressing.
- Enjoy the samosas with the trio of sauces: yogurt, mango chutney, and spicy mint sauce, with the chickpea-spinach curry and the cucumber-apple salad.