Cauliflower-Mushroom Massaman Curry
served with Brown Rice, Sesame-Soy Dressed Bok Choy Salad, and Sesame-Cashew Crumble
Massaman is a mild, slightly sweet curry that, although technically Thai, is best described as a mashup of Thai and Indian curries. Potatoes are the main component in our tomato and coconut milk-based version with cauliflower and mushrooms, loaded with red curry and spices like cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg, served with brown rice. To the side is a crunchy bok choy salad with sesame-soy dressing and crumble.
FROM THE BOX
Cauliflower-Mushroom Massaman Curry massaman curry cauliflower roasted mushrooms green onions cilantro sprigs
Sesame-Soy Dressed Bok Choy Salad bok choy sesame-soy dressing sesame-cashew crumble
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box Water, *Cauliflower, *Bok Choy, *Long Grain Brown Rice, *Crimini Mushrooms, *Potato, *Coconut Milk (coconut, water), *Crushed Tomato ( *tomatoes, *tomato puree [water, *tomato paste], sea salt, naturally derived citric acid), *Carrots, *Green Onion, *Yellow Onion, *Sesame Seeds, *Cashews, *Soy Sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), *Fresh Cilantro, *Pure Lime Juice, *Cashew Butter (cashews, safflower oil, and *sunflower oil), *Tahini, *Ginger, *Canola Oil, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables [*carrot, *celery, *onion, *tomato], salt, *yeast extract, *cane sugar, *soy sauce [water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol], *maltodextrin, yeast extract, *food starch, *vegetable juice concentrate [*carrot, *celery], *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spices, natural flavor), *Toasted Sesame Oil, *Garlic, Sea Salt, *Blue Agave, *Lemongrass, *Curry Thai Seasoning (*paprika, *turmeric, *fenugreek, *mustard, *cumin, *black pepper, *coriander, *ginger, and *cayenne pepper), *Cornstarch, *Ground Cumin Seeds, *Ground Cardamom, *Ground Turmeric, *Cinnamon Powder, *Ground Coriander Seeds, *Chili Crushed, *Ground Cloves, *Ground Nutmeg *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Tree Nuts (Coconut, Cashews), Wheat
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 50.93 OZ (3.18 LB) 1.444 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 101.87 OZ (6.36 LB) 2.888 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and tender stems or keep the leaves whole. Cut off and discard the root end of the green onions and then thinly slice on the diagonal. Set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Set a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Once hot, add the cauliflower and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the massaman curry, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, set a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Warm the brown rice, stirring occasionally until completely heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt.
- Thinly slice the bok choy and put in a bowl with the sesame-soy dressing and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat and sprinkle with the sesame-cashew crumble.
- Serve the cauliflower-mushroom massaman curry with the bok choy salad and the brown rice. Garnish with the green onion and the cilantro.