Sweet and Sour Vegetables with Soba Noodles
served with Lime-Dressed Cucumber-Bok Choy Salad and Spicy Cashews
For our sweet and sour vegetables, we coat carrots, bell peppers, onions, and tempeh in a sauce that is lighter but no less satisfying than most syrupy takeout options. Rice is a traditional carryout side, but we prefer to serve this sweet and sour with soba noodles, the nutty noodles made with buckwheat flour. All that’s needed is a piquant side of thinly sliced crunchy cucumber and bok choy in a lime dressing with roasted spicy cashews sprinkled over the top.
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Carrots, *Soba Noodles (*wheat flour, buckwheat flour, sea salt), *Cucumber, *Bok Choy, *Red Bell Pepper, *Spinach, *Mirin (*sweet rice, *shochu (water, *rice, koji seed), *rice, sea salt, koji spores (aspergillus oryzae)), *Cashews, *Ketchup (*tomato puree(water, *tomato paste), naturally milled *sugar, *vinegar, sea salt, *onion powder, *garlic powder, oils of clove, cassia and celery), *Rice Wine Vinegar (water, *rice), *Sriracha Sauce (*jalapeno peppers, water, *sugar, *distilled vinegar, salt, *garlic powder, xanthan gum), *Pure Lime Juice, *Pure Lemon Juice, *Blue Agave, *Gluten Free Low Sodium Tamari Soy Sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), *Garlic, *Toasted Sesame Oil, Sea Salt, *Ground Black Pepper, *Canola Oil, *Curry Thai Seasoning (*paprika, *turmeric, *fenugreek, *mustard, *cumin, *black pepper, *coriander, *ginger, and *cayenne pepper), *Paprika, *Chili Crushed *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Tree Nuts (Cashew), Wheat
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 47.80 OZ (2.99 LB) 1.36 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 95.59 OZ (5.97 LB) 2.71 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice the cucumber(s) and the bok choy and put in a bowl. Set to the side
- Cut off the carrot top(s) and peel, and then thinly slice. Cut the bell pepper into thin slices, avoiding the seeds.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water until tender but still with a bite, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain
- Set a large saute pan or frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Once hot, carefully add the noodles to avoid any splattering of the oil. Stir continuously until the noodles begin to crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the the carrot and pepper slices, along with the sauce, and continue to cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, but still with a bite, about 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Toss the cucumber-bok choy with the lime dressing and sprinkle with the spicy cashews. (Try a cashew first. They can be served on the side.)
- Enjoy the sweet and sour vegetables and soba noodles with the crunchy cucumber-bok choy salad.