Roasted Vegetable Lasagna and Garlic Bread
served with Green Beans in Parsley Pesto and Marinated Tofu-Tomato Salad
Lasagna is a true Italian classic. Our house specialty lasagna is layers of noodles nestled between a hearty vegetable-tempeh Bolognese, topped with a rich, plant-based béchamel sauce. We serve it with crisp green beans tossed in a parsley pesto; a salad of tomatoes, marinated tofu, and pickled red onions; and toasty garlic bread. Using butter (ours being plant-based) rather than olive oil on toasted bread for garlic bread most likely comes from Italian-American immigrants using butter when olive oil wasn’t available.
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Tomatoes, Water, *Demi Baguette (*wheat flour, water, contains less than 2% of the following: sea salt, *white distilled vinegar, cultured *wheat starch and *whole wheat flour, yeast, citric acid, *extra virgin olive oil), *Green Beans, *Crushed Tomato (*tomatoes, *tomato puree (water, *tomato paste), sea salt, naturally derived citric acid), *Plain Unsweetened Soy Milk (filtered water, whole *soybeans), *Durum Semolina Lasagna (semolina, water), *Vegan Butter (*coconut oil, filtered water, *sunflower oil, *cashews, *sunflower lecithin, sea salt, cultures), *Extra Firm Tofu (water, *soybeans, contains 2% or less of: calcium sulfate, magnesium chloride), *Tempeh (cultured *soybeans (soybeans, lactic acid from plant source), water, *brown rice), *Carrots, *Yellow Onion, *Canola Oil, *Fennel, *Celery, *Tomato Paste (*tomato paste and naturally derived citric acid), *White Mushroom, *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (certified 100% * unbleached hard red wheat flour, certified 100% * malted barley flour), *Arugula, *Red Onion, *Fresh Parsley, *Buckwheat, *Blue Agave, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables and vegetable juice concentrate (*carrots, *celery, *onion, *tomato), salt, *soy sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), *cane sugar, *maltodextrin, *food starch, yeast extract, *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spice), *Pure Lemon Juice, *Sunflower Seeds, Sea Salt, *Garlic, *Pure Lime Juice, *Nutritional Yeast (*yeast autolysate, *rice flour, sea salt), *Thyme, *Rosemary, *Ground Black Pepper, *Ground Nutmeg, *Lemon Zest, *Cane Sugar *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Wheat, Soy, Tree Nuts (Coconut, Cashews)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NET WT: 50.97 OZ (3.19 LB) 1.45 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 101.94 OZ (6.37 LB) 2.89 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice the baguette and spread with the garlic butter. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Remove the lasagna from the packaging, put in a baking dish, and heat in the oven until warmed through, 25 minutes. Toward the end of the baking, add the garlic bread to toast until a light golden brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the ends from the green beans. Add to the boiling water and cook until tender but still crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl. Toss with the parsley pesto and set to the side. Sprinkle the toasted buckwheat over the top.
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Season with a little salt and toss with the black pepper dressing. Add the pickled red onion and the crumbled tofu.
- Enjoy the lasagna and garlic bread warm with the tomato-tofu salad and the green beans.