BBQ Tofu and Mashed Cauliflower-Potatoes
served with Apple-Fennel Slaw and Cranberry-Sunflower Seed Crumble
Who says you can’t enjoy BBQ straight from the stovetop any time of the year? Certainly not us. We combined pan-roasted tofu and roasted red onions in our house-made BBQ sauce and serve it with a bowl of fluffy mashed cauliflower-potatoes. And, we toss fresh, thinly sliced cabbage, fennel, apple, and dill in coleslaw dressing. To gild the lily, sprinkle a crunchy cranberry-sunflower seed crumble over the top.
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Extra Firm Tofu (water, *soybeans, contains 2% or less of: calcium sulfate, magnesium chloride), *Apple, *Potato, *Cauliflower, *Cabbage, *Fennel, *Red Onion, *Shallots, *Tomato Sauce (*tomato puree (water, *tomato paste), sea salt, *onion powder, naturally derived citric acid and *garlic powder), *Canola Oil, *Ketchup (*tomato puree(water, *tomato paste), naturally milled *sugar, *vinegar, sea salt, *onion powder, *garlic powder, oils of clove, cassia and celery), *Plain Unsweetened Soy Milk (filtered water, whole *soybeans), *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Blue Agave, *Sunflower Seeds, *Cranberry, *Fresh Dill, *Fresh Parsley, *Molasses, *Dijon Mustard (*grain vinegar, water, *mustard seed, salt, *spices), *Brown Sugar, Sea Salt, *Seasoned Vegetable Base (*vegetables and vegetable juice concentrate (*carrots, *celery, *onion, *tomato), salt, *soy sauce (water, *soybeans, salt, *alcohol), *cane sugar, *maltodextrin, *food starch, yeast extract, *onion powder, *garlic powder, *spice), *Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (*apple cider vinegar, *soy sauce (water, *wheat, *soybeans, salt), water, *molasses, *agave nectar, sea salt, *lemon juice concentrate, *ginger, *tamarind, *garlic powder, xanthan gum, *shiitake mushroom powder, *allspice, *red pepper, *orange extract, *ground cloves, natural smoke flavor, *lemon extract), *Pure Lemon Juice, *Jalapeño Pepper Sauce (*red ripened jalapeño peppers, *vinegar, sea salt, *apple cider vinegar), *Ground Mustard Seed, *Chili Crushed, *Ground Black Pepper, *Onion Powder, *Celery Seeds, *Garlic Powder *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Wheat
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
NET WT: 52.91 OZ (3.31 LB) 1.50 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 105.82 OZ (6.61 LB) 3.00 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Keeping them separated, coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and the dill fronds (basically, everything but the thick stems). Set to the side. (Alternatively, the parsley leaves can be left whole.)
- Thinly slice the cabbage and put in a bowl. Cut the fennel in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the core. Peel the shallot. Thinly slice the fennel, apple, and shallot and add to the bowl along with the chopped dill. Stir in the coleslaw dressing and mix to evenly combine.
- Set a nonstick frying pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat (about 1 Tbsp). Sauté the tofu and red onion mix, turning to brown the tofu on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Give the BBQ sauce a quick stir, and then add to the pan. Gently toss or stir. Cook until the sauce reduces a bit, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the mashed cauliflower-potatoes in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until warm, 6 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with black pepper, if you like.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the BBQ tofu and enjoy with the mashed cauliflower-potatoes and the apple-fennel slaw, sprinkling the cranberry-sunflower seed crumble over the top.