Roasted Potato and Onion Pizza
served with Caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Pear-Arugula Salad
This pizza consists of a cornmeal crust topped with a creamy white sauce, caramelized onion, and thinly sliced potatoes baked until bubbling. A sprinkling of parsley just out of the oven adds the finishing touch. To the side are caramelized Brussels sprouts in a sweet and spicy balsamic dressing and a pear-arugula salad.
FROM THE BOX
Roasted Potato and Onion Pizza pizza crust potatoes creamy garlic sauce (white sauce) rosemary sprig(s) flat-leaf parsley sprig(s) caramelized onion
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts Brussels sprouts sweet and spicy balsamic (light spice)
Pear-Arugula Salad pear(s) arugula lemon dressing candied walnuts
2-3 and 4-5 Person Box *Cornmeal Pizza Crust (*unbleached flour, water, non-GMO corn meal, non-GMO *soybean oil, yeast, salt), *Potato, *Pears, *Brussels Sprouts, *Canola Oil, *Yellow Onion, *Soy Milk (purified water, *soybeans), *Arugula, *Pure Lemon Juice, *Balsamic Vinegar (*wine vinegar, *concentrated grape must), *Garlic, *Blue Agave, *Walnuts, *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Fresh Rosemary, *Fresh Parsley, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Jalapeño Pepper Sauce (*red ripened jalapeño peppers, *vinegar, sea salt, *apple cider vinegar), Sea Salt, *Ground Black Pepper, *Chili Crushed *Certified Organic By QAI
Allergens Soy, Wheat, Tree Nuts (Walnuts)
At Simple Feast we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our kitchens. Please be aware that our meals are produced in a kitchen that contains wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds.
For additional information, email email@example.com
NET WT: 51.04 OZ (3.19 LB) 1.447 kg - 2-3 person box
NET WT: 102.08 OZ (6.37 LB) 2.894 kg - 4-5 person box
Before preparing your meal we recommend reading the instructions thoroughly and gathering the kitchen supplies you will need. We also suggest washing and drying all vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice the pear and put in a bowl with the arugula. Roughly chop the walnuts and add to the bowl. Set to the side.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves and tender stems and set aside.
- Remove the rosemary leaves and discard the stems. Thinly slice the potatoes.
- Add the potato slices to the boiling water and cook until tender but still firm, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Put the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the white creamy garlic sauce on top and then add the caramelized onion, followed by the potato slices. Sprinkle with the rosemary and season with a touch of salt. Bake until the crust is golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. (While the pizza bakes, begin preparing the Brussels sprouts. Keep a watchful eye and remove as soon as ready.)
- Remove and discard any tough outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts. Cut into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Return the frying pan to medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan (about 1 Tbsp). Cook the Brussels sprouts until well-caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the sweet and spicy balsamic, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Toss the pear-arugula salad with the lemon dressing. Enjoy the pizza and salad with the Brussels sprouts.